the ındescrıbableness of what I am tryıng to descrıbe

 I do not have a definition of queer art, even queer or art by itself. However, I am always drawn to these concepts and areas in some way. Queer, I take it as a method, theory, and practice to challenge and break apart normative, conventional and binary categories. As others also put it, I approach queer as “doing” rather than “being.” Queering includes playing with the limits, and margins, rereading, and undoing “normal” categories. In this sense, it goes beyond only being an identity category or political positionality. Art, on the other hand, shares some similarities with the act of queering. But when these two come together, I see that it's mostly anthropocentric. Artworks about queer bodies, sexuality, or identity as a whole, I like most of them, yet what I wonder is the possibilities that might arise from queering art by exploring the non/human relationality. What I mean by non/human mostly includes everything, if we consider the body, for example, or take it as a queer body, some smaller organisms or organs make up the body and live in the body as non/human subjects. Does queering the body enough without taking these other living things into our perspective? For me, no. This might lead to another way of thinking, living, or sensing the “normal”. Mushrooms as another example, are queer of queerest for me. Not just because they have hundreds of genders but they also live in a very non-normative way; popping up in “strange” places, growing up and disappearing fastly, you have to go after them to find them or you have to know much to identify them, still it’s very hard to classify them. In the end, I have no clear definition of anything, just try to push my way of thinking and queering around. 

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar