FIRST VERSION

 If you ask me what I am doing, I can tell that I’m thinking about queer art, and I’m into it, but if the question goes further and you ask, what is queer art? I have no clear definition of it, I’m seeing and hearing it around, and I can sense it but to put it in the basic sense, it might be the art that queer people produce about the queer identity, body, sexuality, and political issues. One thing I can tell for sure is that what I see as queer art is mostly human-centric. My sense and definition of it want to go further and destroy the central position of humans within it. I do not primarily refer queer or queer art in the sense of sexuality but more as the “strange”, as the non-normative in every sense of the word. For me, it requires a non-centric perspective of the world by perceiving humans and non-humans as equal subjects on the same ground. From today’s view of the cities, taking concrete as a subject that we have a relationship with or seeing the cats and dogs on the street as equal subjects instead of seeing them as accessories of the cities. Another characteristic of queer art is to be political. My state of mind doesn’t refuse it but I also search for ways of being political outside of the scope of state policy. I might even think that political transformation is possible through deconstructing the meaning of politics defined by the states and taking it to a ground where we redefine and discuss it within this non-centric world. Mushrooms, for example, are queer of queerest for me. Not just because they have hundreds of genders but they also live in a very non-normative way; popping up in “strange” places, growing up and disappearing fatly, you have to go after them to find them or you have to know many things to identify them, still it’s very hard to classify them.

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar